As McKinsey & Company’s 2020 Women in the Workplace study showcases, COVID has threatened to erode gains in gender and race diversity. One in four women are contemplating downshifting their careers or leaving the workforce — something needs to happen.
When Tracy Musser and Sharon Hayman started Women in Investing Network of Philadelphia (WIN) twelve years ago, they were driven to help professional women connect and share ideas, empowering professionals and providing a forum for building relationships within the investment industry.
Now more than ever we need to help and support each other and to acknowledge and accept that we (may) need help from our employers, network and families.
The challenges the Women in the Workplace study cites a list of threats to women’s professional progress due to COVID, including:
- Career stall out or pause due to being laid off or furloughed, especially for women of color
- Intensified challenges
- Increased barriers to entry
If you or someone you know faces these challenges, what can you do?
As a member of WIN, know you are not alone.
WIN was founded to support and empower women. As a member, you have a large and capable group of fellow women in financial services here to help.
How can you use WIN’s resources to support you now?
- Invest in your personal development and make new connections by attending WIN events. Even if you can’t attend there is often a replay. View WIN’s upcoming and past events.
- Attend a WIN networking event to connect with and learn about other members. The next networking event is the Annual Holiday Party on December 10th.
- Follow the WIN LinkedIn company page for updates.
- Subscribe to WIN’s monthly blog to receive ideas and tips to support your development and success.
- If you or your employer are looking to hire, tag the WIN company page with the job posting to share with members.
- Utilize the member-only resources such as the member directory and list of past event resources and replays
- Share with WIN topics of interest by emailing us. We want to hear from you, what do you need to help support and empower you professionally?
Networking and leveraging my professional and personal connections has been one of the greatest resources to help manage anxiety and burnout. A conversation or walk and talk with a trusted friend or professional connection can be invaluable.
Especially during COVID, networking is almost easier than it used to be – we are all seeking the connection we miss from being in the office and engaging socially in a pre-COVID world.
Ask yourself, why did I join WIN? Do I have more to get (or give)?
You are not alone; we are not alone. We will get through this together.
I partner with financial professionals, asset managers and small businesses looking to unlock potential by getting intentional and comfortable with business strategy and sales. Growth strategist and coach, accountability partner, change maker – those are some of the names I’ve been called over the past 15 years. Access business best practices and learn more at www.shaunamace.com or contact me at [email protected].